Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Autumn Oaks Table Topper

I've been absent here for so long. So many things going on and never enough time...does anyone else out there feel like time flies so fast as we get older?
I thought when I hit 50 (and I'm past that) that I would have all sorts of time to do all of this fun stuff.


I finished this 'leafy' table mat a few weeks ago.
I used national NonWovens WoolFelt for this pattern because I wanted to stitch only the veins in the leaves and give it more of a dimensional look.

Felted woven wool would work just as well except that I would want to stitch down all the edges.

I use this as a centerpiece in the middle of my dining room round table and then set a bowl of fall mums in the middle.

My next wool applique pattern has lots and lots of snowmen, hopefully I'll have that finished before the snow falls, stays around a while and then melts...ya think? 

I've been cutting out hats and scarves and snowmen all afternoon.

No comments: