Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Here's Wildwood finished.
After not working on it for a few years, when I came back to it, my taste had changed. I took out the pinkish and blue colors, kept the yellow and added the deep red. I'm still not completely happy with it, I think it's because I'm partial to dark backgrounds and I was forcing myself to use light for a change plus the light background wool had a pinkish tinge to it thus why I went with pink in the beginning. The rest of that pinkish tinged wool will soon be overdyed!
Well, I did learn something, stay with dark backgrounds for my own rugs!

Wildwood is not on Spruce Ridge Studios website yet but Kris will draw any of my designs whether they are on her website or not so please don't hesitate to ask either myself or Kris. 


And since I was determined to see if I would like this design with a dark background and I did not want to hook the same rug again, I hooked a footstool. This is using a template by Cindi Gay it is one of her online courses called Ikea footstool. I hooked her Wonky House footstool and then continued with more. This is my fourth footstool, not finished yet.
I do like the dark background better!





2 comments:

Sylvia said...

I'm so happy with my footstool and Patty is moving right along with hers! I remember that rug being the one I always associated you with. I always loved it.
Sylvia

chickenchupacabra said...

Just beautiful!