Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Hooked Footstools

 I was just looking back to the first years when I started this blog. It's so fun to look back at projects that I did years ago. It's nice to have this blog as sort of a journal/diary.

Footstools I have hooked in the more recent years. 

The first is a design by Cindi Gay called Wonky House.
It was a kit by Cindi, I had not pulled a loop in several years and was just retiring form drawing rug hooking patterns, desperately wanted to get started again. I was heading south for the winter and had no time to pick wools so I called Cindi, she was very nice and put a kit together.
This footstool got me back to hooking again!



Using Cindi's template from her online course, I located an out of print paper pattern by Maggie Bonanomi through a friend. I resized it to fit and added the fence with flowers.
I added a year where she had a heart (I'm not a huge heart fan), I just picked 1880 and found out later it was the year my Grandpa was born!


And since we will be relocating to the great state of Wyoming, I had to make a cowboy footstool.
The image is a Thomas Molesworth Cowboy. He was a very well known rustic furniture maker living in Cody Wyoming years ago. I added a rope and a few local Wyoming brands, a little suede fringe and antler buttons on the corners.


 And the last one, poor picture but all I have, the footstool is somewhere else.
A design my me from a larger pattern I called Wildwood.



More to post in a few days! Well...maybe longer, depending on what I get into next! :)


No comments: