Saturday, May 30, 2009

Shaded Iris


I found this a few days ago at a tag sale. It's completely hooked, just needs to be finished. I thought it was a pretty good deal, I only paid $24.00 for it. All of that work into this and what a shame that it's not finished. I'll eventually whip the edges with wool yarn. I have no idea how it was intended to be used but it needs to be finished. If you click on the image you can really get a detailed view. Written on the sides is designed by Pearl McGowan and 1952. It's 18" across.

3 comments:

Montanagirl said...

It's very beautiful. Someone spent a lot of work doing that! (Not one of my talents).lol

Connie said...

What a find! Yes, it needs your touch to be finished! Good for you.

Love your new layout. Very pleasing colors and attractive.

Good to be a Queen said...

My Mother and Grandmother made the best and most beautiful quilts....I have been working on one for years...Not near as beautiful as your's or the ones they made.......