Yes you can still order my patterns! Here's the info...
I decided several years ago that I would retire in 2016 but I just can't do it! But I am going to semi-retire so I have closed down my website and hopefully those of you who were not on my mailing list and came back to order a pattern, found my website was gone and googled Cabin Creek might find my blog!
I am listing patterns on Etsy, not everything but if you remember something you put off buying just contact me and I'll still draw it for you. I am currently only drawing on monks cloth.
The Dorr Mill store also carries some of my patterns.
How to find my patterns...
At the side bar on this blog you will see thumbnails of my Etsy shop, you can click on that.
Or search online for The Dorr Mill Store and click on patterns and then click on Cabin Creek Designs (they still have some of mine on linen!)
Or email me at cabincreekdesigns@gmail.com
I'm also on Facebook, just search Cabin Creek
I accept checks or PayPal.
Thanks for understanding, I just dragged out my hooking project that I haven't touched since January 2013, I miss it and need to get back to what started me on this pattern business journey. (And maybe I'll get back to posting on this blog!!!)

Friday, July 10, 2009

Pansy Runner Rug in progress

This is a rug that I started at least 5 years ago in a workshop with Jeanne Benjamin. It was my second attempt at shading only this time I wanted to go with a wider cut, #6. I'm very happy with the pansies but the shaded leaves were not good. This is why it's been sitting for so long. Every so often I drag it out, try to fix the leaves, get discouraged and then put it away.

One evening while skimming Jane Olsen's Rug Hooking Bible I noticed most of the leaves in the book were shaded with dip dye. First thing next morning out came the dye pots and from my first attempt came a lovely dip dyed shade of green by combining 2 of Emma Lou's formulas. I started hooking the leaves on the left side as they were the only 4 that had not been hooked yet.

It looked so much better so I started ripping out the others and left only the leaves on the far right pansy and took a photo. They have since been ripped out and new leaves are in place!

A few more days and maybe I'll get this rug finished! If you click on the image you'll get a much better look at the leaves.

I'll post it when the time comes. By the way, the small Red/Pink Rose at the right side was my first attempt at shading....my teacher gave me an A+.

1 comment:

Montanagirl said...

I'm back after 10 days gone. The rug looks beautiful to me!