Sunday, July 12, 2009

New Block of the Month Hooked Rug


This is a Mystery Block of the Month project by The Wool Basket of Loveland Colorado. This is a 9 month project where you purchase the wool kit each month. The design is by Cabin Creek.

This is the first block, but you will not know what the next block is until August. They are all very do-able within a month. The rug is a floral design with each block having a different flower. With the exception of next month.....but I can't tell you!

You will want to hook this in a #6 cut, I'm doing mine in a #5. But the background can be a #6, #7 or #8 cut.

If you are interested please click on the link to The Wool Basket and it will take you right to Karen's website where you can read all about it and sign up. http://thewoolbasket.com/ Even I am purchasing the kits from Karen so that I can hook along with the rest of you. I may know what the entire pattern looks like but I have no idea what Karen is going to do so it's still a surprise to me!

By the way I just finished my pansy runner this afternoon! After I block and finish the edges I'll post it.

2 comments:

Good to be a Queen said...

This is beautiful...you make me want to learn how to do this...But I should probally try something like knitting first....Right?

Montanagirl said...

This is really pretty. Can't wait to see the finished project.