Friday, October 1, 2010

Rug Camp, Parkville Missouri

I had way too much fun!
I attended the Show Me Rug Hooking Workshop in Parkville, Missouri last week and this is one of my small rugs from class with Nancy Blood. I have a thing for toads and frogs and when I spotted this in Joan Moshimer's catalog of patterns I just knew I had to hook it.

I knew I needed help with the toad and the toadstools. I think he turned out pretty well...Nancy named him Ambrose T. Toad. All wool is a 3 cut and the toad and toadstool are shaded. The leaves are assorted pieces of spot dye and the background is a dark hand dyed dirt color.

I can't wait to get back to it and finish it. I have 2 more small shaded rugs in a 3 cut that are not as far along as this one, I'll post them another time along with pictures from camp.

Victoria Ingalls was there and her students were hooking gorgeous rugs. Would I like to take a class from her!!! Maybe next year.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I love the toad and mushroom design and it looks like you did a great job with the #3 cut. JB