Monday, November 28, 2011

Gingerbread Men table mat and other fun things....

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner...it sneaks up on us so fast!

This is what I've been working on lately, my newest pattern. A cute table mat for the holidays. I can just see a plate or bowl full of ginger cookies sitting in the middle.


I used National NonWovens WoolFelt but felted woven wool will work just as well. I used baby rick rack, vintage snaps for buttons and eyes and frayed strips of plaid for the bows. I also found old buttons to embellish them and the super wide rick rack for the border.

This stitched up so quickly and was fun to make.
Patterns are available in on my website or my Etsy shop, both links located on the side bar.
You can also get a kit from The Wool Basket using the Woolfelt and it includes the rick rack.

Below is my lastest project in Create & Decorate magazine December 2011...


Also made using the WoolFelt...I do have kits available on my website.

I'm taking a few months off from Create & Decorate so that I can spend more time on new patterns for both wool applique and rug hooking patterns for my website which I have neglected so much lately.

Our BOM Snow quilt is nearing an end. There are only a few months left....


This is 'Ricky', the most recent BOM....sorry I haven't been keeping up with posting each block as we go along but here's the link to Karen's shop and if you are interested you can call or email her for more information about the kits and patterns. The Wool Basket.

Karen at The Wool Basket has asked me to design another BOM hooked rug. I already know what it will be and I can't wait to get started on the idea that's been floating around in my head. 

I've been so bad about keeping up with this blog. I got started on another blog that is all vintage and I'm having so much fun with it. If you like vintage lace and mother of pearl buttons, antiques and old chippy wood, you might enjoy checking it out. It's called Wild Rose Vintage

I just did a little diy on how to bleach and dye bottle brush trees that you might find fun.


Anyway... thanks for stopping by and I'll try to do better at posting more often!


No comments: